Trade Collaboration Engine (TC Engine) has developed the JCM Collaboration Engine which incorporates both of the required ITAR and EAR Order of Review processes in an automated and systematic tool. The capabilities include:
- Enables management oversight and metrics generation/reporting; and
- Enables ongoing maintenance of determinations overtime;
- Allows for collaborative workflow with other functions (e.g. Contracts, Engineering, Supply Chain, etc.) to support technical analysis and approval escalation;
- Automated ITAR and EAR Order of Review decision workflow and instructions;
- Capture Jurisdiction and Classification requests for objects (hardware, data, and services);
- Documented and validated decisions by capturing detailed justification;
- Creates a searchable database to of all determinations;
- Can be integrated with other business systems (e.g. PLM, ERP, etc.);
- Provides Marking statements for objects.
Know your products….Avoid costly mistakes……learn more…Click here for the detailed description.
Many companies struggle to define, implement, manage, and maintain export control Jurisdiction and Classification and Marking (JCM) for hardware, software, data and services. For many companies, the jurisdiction and classification process is reactive in nature, manual, inconsistent, and lack the necessary justification records. Moreover, these Trade Compliance programs and are unable make final jurisdiction and classification determinations readily available to individuals and systems that require it.
By deploying a centralized, standardized, and automated solution a Company can proactively manage the JCM process by consistently performing and documenting the decisions required. This allows individuals and/or systems to have one place to go to obtain all the Jurisdiction, Classification and Marking information about objects.
Our JCM Tool:
* Standardizes – The Solution is based on a common Order of Review standard that incorporates both ITAR and EAR order of review (see above note about non-U.S. JCMs)
* Automates – Forms and workflows automatically route users to the appropriate Order of Review consideration and document all decisions, to include justifications
* Integrates – By enabling a user to manually search the JCM decision library and/or manually initiate an Order of Review, the Solution can be integrated into manual JCM processes. Through a standard API, the Solution can be integrated with other business systems (e.g. PLM, ERP, etc.) to automatically receive JCM requests and supply JCM determinations.
* Records – Complete records of the Order of Review process, to include CJ and CCATS determinations, are captured in the system.
* Makes Available – The Solution provides a fully searchable database that enables users to query the system for JCM decisions by product family, product line, program, contract number, company-assigned ID numbers, third-party assigned ID numbers
* Maintains– All records are revision controlled and only authorized users may change a JCM decision. The original record and all revisions are retained in the Solution. This capability enables companies to accommodate regulatory changes (e.g. Export Control Reform).
* Manages– The Solution allows JCM tasks to be assigned and tracked
* Promotes Collaboration– If a user reaches a decision he/she cannot make, the decision may be routed to colleagues or promoted to a JCM Reviewer for determination.
* Reports – The Solution includes out-of-the-box reports, which provide Trade Compliance and business management with JCM KPIs such as Backlog (objects to-be-classified), Work-in-Progress (objects in the process of being classified at a given time), Throughput (objects classified during a given time interval), and Workload (number of JCM tasks assigned to a specific classification team or user at a given time). In addition, the Solution includes several JCM intelligence reports, which provide companies with visibility into what objects are subject to which regulatory controls.